A Modern Mass Setting (Christoph Dalitz, 2007)
- Disposition: three parts (SAB, B=baritone) with accompaniment (organ, piano or guitar)
- Composer: Christoph Dalitz
- First Publication: 2007 (in parts already 1992)
- Text: liturgical
- License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike
This three part vernacular language mass setting is not written in the traditional style of sacred music that forms the repertory of church choirs, but in the style of modern sacred songs.
Two of the movements have a chorus for the entire congregation, as it is at least liturgically required for the Sanctus. The disposition of the Gloria chorus as a canon in the lower fourth might be too complicated for some parishes. In that case the second voice can alternatively be played by an instrument or could be sung by individual singers from the choir.
This mass is available in different languages:
- German version (eight DIN A4 pages, 72kB)
- Slovenian version (eight DIN A4 pages, 84kB), made with support by Tomi Buinoski
- Dutch version of Kyrie and Gloria (five DIN A4 pages, 48kB), with a text underlay by Dick van den Bosch
- English version of the Kyrie (one DIN A4 page, 21kB) to convey an impression of a possible adaption to the English language.
Please drop me an email in case you are interested in an adaption of this mass to English or another language.