English Magnificat (Christoph Dalitz, 2022)
- Disposition: five parts (SSATB) with basso continuo
- Composer: Christoph Dalitz
- First publication: 2022
- Text: Lucas 1, 46-55
- License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike
This Magnificat setting in based on the translation of the English Language Liturgical Consultation (ELLC). I am grateful to the ELLC for making this translation availabale under a permissive license. The music utilizes a great deal of word painting in the polyphonc style of the early baroque, which makes singing and listening a powerful experience.
- Vocal score with explanations (10 A4 pages, 210kB)
- Figured bass part (organ) (6 A4 pages, 102kB)
A written out organ accompaniment available from all-sheetmusic.com.