Magnificats over psalm tones (Christoph Dalitz, 2012)
- Disposition: two or three parts a capella
- Composer: Christoph Dalitz
- First Publication: 2012
- Text: Lucas 1, 46-55
- License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike
Here I make available simple polyphonic settings for the Magnificat psalm tones in different dispositions for choir. Even though the stile is oriented at 16th century settings, the new settings are specifically written for the needs of modern choirs. Consequently, they differ from 16th century settings:
- The voice ranges fit modern choirs.
- The number of parts does not vary between the different polyphonic verses.
- While 16c Magnificats try to set each polyphonic verse significantly different from the others, I try to set each polyphonic verse similar. Even though this is hindered by the unmetrical prose text, the verses are sufficiently similar to study them easily with a parish choir.
- Magnificat Secundi Toni a 2
Edition for high mixed voices (ST) (three A4 pages, 68kB)
With medium voices (MezzoBar), the piece should be sung a minor third lower.
- Magnificat Sexti Toni a 3
Edition for mixed voices (SABar) (six A4 pages, 115kB)
Edition for equal voices (SSA oder TTB) (six A4 pages, 115kB)
Please drop me an email in case you need additional transposed editions.