Missa tribus vocibus (Christoph Dalitz, 1988)
- Disposition: three part choir (SAB or ATB or TTB) and organ or a capella
- Composer: Christoph Dalitz
- First Publication: 1988
- Text: Ordinarium missae
- License: Creative Commons Attribution
Easy setting of Kyrie, Gloria, Sanctus and Agnus Dei with a number of caecilianistic influences in its imitation of stylistic elements of the classical vocal polyphony (see especially the Gloria). Some sections are marked as "Solo". These sections require no virtuoso technique and thus can be easily sung by accomplished singers from the choir, optionally with more than one to a part.
There is also an organ accompaniment available from all-sheetmusic.de. The accompaniment in particular improves the effect of Kyrie and Agnus Dei. If no organ player or no organ is available, the setting can however alternatively be sung a capella.
- Edition for SAB (12 A4 pages, 208kB) with German and English preface
- Learning videos (YouTube) by James J. Richardson
- Live recording of the Sanctus (Vimeo) by the Exsultate Boys' Choir from the Zoltan Kodaly Hungarian Choirschool, Budapest.
If you would like an arrangement for ATB or TTB, please drop me an email, so that I can send you the corresponding edition.