Nunc dimittis psalmtone settings (Christoph Dalitz, 2020)
- Disposition: two or three parts a capella
- Composer: Christoph Dalitz
- First Publication: 2020
- Text: Lucas 2, 29-32
- License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike
Here I make available simple polyphonic settings for the Nunc dimittis psalm tone as given in the Liber usualis in different dispositions for choir. Even though the stile is oriented at 16th century settings, the new settings are specifically written for the needs of modern choirs. Consequently, they differ from 16th century settings:
- The voice ranges fit modern choirs.
- The number of parts does not vary between the different polyphonic verses.
- While 16c psalm tone settings try to set each polyphonic verse significantly different from the others, I try to set each polyphonic verse similar, in order to make them quickly learnable by a parish choir.
- Nunc dimittis a 2
Editions for mixed voices: for ST, or for AB (two A4 pages, 43kB)
Edition for women's voices: for SA (two A4 pages, 43kB)
- Nunc dimittis a 3
Editions for mixed voices: for SAT, or for ATB (four A4 pages, 74kB)
Editions for equal voices: for SSA, or for TTB (four A4 pages, 78kB)
Please drop me an email in case you need additional transposed editions.