O filii et filiae (chorale setting)
- Disposition: three part mixed choir (SAB)
- Composer: melody: anonymous (15c), arrangement: Christoph Dalitz
- First publication: 2018
- Text: Jean Tisserand (+ 1494)
- License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike
A Latin hymn for the Eastertide that is still found tody in vernacular translations in German ("Ihr Christen singet hocherfreut") and English ("Young men and maids, rejoice and sing" or "Ye sons and daughters of the Lord") hymn books.
I have made a polyphonic setting only for the chorus, so that the piece can be quickly learned by every choir, although the apparent triple time in duple time at the beginning and the "fuggir la cadenza" of the bass in the third bar from the end are a bit tricky.. The verses are sung alternatingly unisono.
- Latin Version (one A4 page, 31kB)
- English Version (one A4 page, 31kB)
- German Version (one A4 page, 31kB)