Tollite portas (Lift up your heads) (Christoph Dalitz, 2012)
- Disposition: three part mixed choir (SAB, B=Baritone)
- Composer: Christoph Dalitz
- First publication: 2012
- Text: Psalm 23 (Vulgata) resp. Psalm 24 (King James Bible)
- License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike
The text "Lift up your heads, o ye gates" is used twice in the propers: first as a gradual in the advent, and second as an offertory at christmas. Each version utilizes different psalm verses, though.
To make this piece as useful as possible, I have not only prepared different editions for advent and christmas, but also editions in different languages: one in Latin for international use, and one in English for use in English catholic churches or as a "verse anthem" in anglican churches.
DownloadVersion for Advent:
- International Latin edition (PDF file, 1 A4 page, 22kB)
- English edition (PDF file, 1 A4 page, 21kB)
- YouTube video of a recording by the Wyoming Catholic College Choir.