Sacred Music in Esperanto
Some of my vocal pieces are in the language Esperanto. Esperanto is well suited for international sacred music because, unlike Latin, it is easy to learn and there are no controversies about its pronunciation. The textual basis of my pieces with biblical texts is, for the Old Testament, the translation by Ludvik Zamenhof himself, and, for the New Testament, the "Londona Biblio" from 1910. The complete bible text can be found on fontoj.net
Some recordings can be heard in the
New compositions directly based on Esperanto texts.
- Meso en internacia lingvo for two voices with organ or guitar
- La Aarona Beno for three part choir (SAB, SSA, TTB) a capella
- Anĝelo de Dio for two voices (SS, ST, AA, AB) with organ or guitar
- Ĝoju ni ĉiuj (Gaudeamus) for two voices (ST, SS, TT, AB, AA, oder BB) with organ or guitar
- Ho Dio, kreu al mi koron puran for two voices (AT, SA oder AB) and guitar
- La animoj de la justuloj (Justorum animae) for four part choir (SATB, SSAA, TTBB)
- Ni kantu novan kanton for two voices (AT) and guitar
- Venu, Sankta Spirito for three voices (SAT) and organ or guitar
Pieces originally written in a different language, fpr which I have prepared an edition with an Epseranto text underlay.