Sonata for 2 Alto Recorders and B.c (Gottfried Heinrich Stölzel)
- Instruments: two alto recorders and basso continuo
- Composer: Gottfried Heinrich Stölzel (1690-1749)
- First publication: undated
- License: Creative Commons Attribution
A trio sonata form a manuscript now preserved under the signature "Mus. 2450-Q-6" in the Saxonian State Library. The original manuscript is in C minor and for oboe and violin. To adapt the piece for two alto recorders, I have moved it to D minor, transposed some sections by an octave, and replaced octave and tenth downward leaps in the last movement by smaller intervalls (mostly sixth).
- Score with all parts (eight A4 pages, 175kB)
Other Editions of the same music
An online facsimile of the original manuscript is available from https://digital.slub-dresden.de/ppn31300921X/1.